Buy four shows and save. (Don’t worry, ticket exchanges are free.)
Subscriptions must comprise an equal number tickets to each show. Prices subject to change after November 29.
Young film enthusiasts participate in lively discussions and sharpen critical writing skills.
Developed especially for young film enthusiasts and aspiring cinephiles, this course introduces students to innovative, rare, and iconic films, providing them with the vocabulary and framework for effective criticism.
Last year’s course focused on female directors and filmmakers of color, featuring Agnes Varda’s Cleo 5 to 7, Kathryn Bigelow’s The Hurt Locker, Charles Burnett’s Killer of Sheep, and Spike Lee’s Do the Right Thing.
In this program, students:
• Watch curated films in class and discuss with classmates
• Attend exclusive screenings at BAM Rose Cinemas
• Master technical film vocabulary and develop a critical voice
• Write individual film reviews and responses guided by the instructor
• Meet and talk with professional critics and artists. Former guests have included A. O. Scott of The New York Times and director Debra Granik (Winter’s Bone).
Application deadline: Sep 24, 2015
All students must complete an online application and interview in order to be considered for the program. No previous experience is required.