Participating students gain work experience in arts administration.
This internship program offers students the chance to gain job experience in the arts administration world. Participants are assigned to work with a specific department at BAM for three hours, two days per week. In addition, interns learn valuable career development skills through one weekly workshop, and receive individual mentorship, and lunches with executive staff.
In this program, students:
• Gain workplace-readiness skills
• Learn how to write a resume and execute a successful job interview
• Develop public speaking and presentation skills
• Achieve valuable work experience in various areas of arts administration
To apply, please submit:
• Student Application Form
• A Parent and/or Guardian Application Form
• A School Contact Person Form
• Two letters of recommendation from a current or former employer, teacher, advisor, and/or mentor.
• A copy of your last report card
Priority will be given to students attending select Brooklyn high schools:
• Benjamin Banneker Academic High School
• Medgar Evers College Preparatory School
• Susan B. McKinney Secondary School of the Arts
• Boys and Girls High School