Brooklyn Interns for Arts and Culture is an after-school program for high school juniors and seniors with an interest in arts administration.
Each intern is assigned to a specific department at BAM where they intern for three hours, two days per week. In addition, interns attend one weekly career development workshop, meet weekly with an employee mentor from a different department, as well as participate in Follow the Production, an on-going BAM staff development program that shows how different divisions work together to bring a show to life.
To apply, please submit:
• Student Application Form
• A Parent and/or Guardian Application Form
• A School Contact Person Form
• Two letters of recommendation from a current or former employer, teacher, advisor, and/or mentor.
• A copy of your last report card
Priority will be given to students attending select Brooklyn high schools:
• Benjamin Banneker Academic High School
• Medgar Evers College Preparatory School
• Susan B. McKinney Secondary School of the Arts
• Brooklyn High School for Law and Technology
• Bushwick Leaders High School
• Boys and Girls High School